Some things I might want to learn:
- Probably shouldn't play poker, drink alcohol and pop, stay up late the day before a long run
- Probably should go back to Cliff Bars since they were treating me well -- Don't let yourself run out and try to make do
- Probably should take the old inserts out of my shoes before putting the new ones in -- thanks, Tom! -- I'm so embarrassed. I felt like a fat lady needing an extender on the airplane seatbelt. Despite the cramped conditions, I do think my arch/feet issues were slightly better – it’s just the rest of me that didn’t cooperate
- 90% humidity may never allow me to have a good run
- Water, Water and more Water -- Gel and Gatoraide can only do so much if you are starting at a deficit on hydration
Today wasn't about that 12 might be a little rough for me or even more than I can handle. I never really gave myself a chance. Today was about that I wasn't really prepared to run at all. Lesson learned. BTW, hubby and I had figured most of this out, but then had it confirmed in a phone call with Tom over at Runner's Lounge. Thanks for your encouragement and advice!