Friday, November 30, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
Cloud City on Flickr by Bay 3
I am holed up in a hotel room a couple miles from the airport. The O'Hare Hilton apparently thinks they are worth $375. Good Lord, do you know how many beers I could have at the Radisson at only $199 a night??? (I'm still in sticker shock, when did this happen??) Actually I stocked up on some make up and opted for diet pepsi. I know, I know, no one who knows me will ever believe that!
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
3.04 miles ~ 35:49 ~ 11:47 pace
Plans continue for 8 on the 8th, A Virtual Race for Running Blogging Friends. We have way over 50 people saying they would like to do 8 miles on the weekend of Dec 7 - 9. Also, just put up a Runner's Lounge Forum. We've had some great suggestions for t-shirts, will keep you posted. Give your running a kick in the pants, start training today!!
Monday, November 12, 2007
• link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
• share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
• tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
• let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I love, love, love lipstick. I wear it most of the time and even have been known to race with it on, you know attract the attention *upward* (off the hips). I only wear CoverGirl Outlast All Day Lip Color and it does last nearly ALL DAY. I wish they made more colors. I love it. I freaked the dental hygeinist out the other day when she asked me to blot it off before she started. No need. When I left, it was still perfect. :D
2. I enjoy techie gadgety things. Garmin, TiVo, iPod, PS2, PSP, Wii, HiDef TV, SlimP3. Once we got hi def and TiVo, I asked my husband for it all over the house. I seriously don't know how I did it before I met this man. I didn't even own a computer and my phone was one model up from the ones that came with a bag. I'm not the techie person, I just enjoy the fruits of a techie person's labor. You've helped me come a long way, Baby. :D I should add, not only is he a sweet techie, he has the patience of Job, which is really a good thing when you are married to me. (SlimP3 is a wireless device that acts like a component at your stereo but is wireless to your computer where all your music is stored. It is kind of like a jukebox menu of all the music you have ripped on your computer. It's the coolest.)
3. I have a BS in Pharmacy and decided, ahem, late in life, during having kids, with major support from Hubby, to go back and get my doctorate of pharmacy. You can call me Dr if you like, but I answer to just about anything. :D
4. I actually enjoy and look forward to public speaking. Fortunately for me, some of my job duties entail speaking. I have a ball, make fun of myself, tell stories, and try to make it fun for everyone. My favorite is when it is a topic that I am passionate about.
5. I made up my own race on a whim because I need to get some momentum back. (see previous post below.) Vickie was saying the same thing and it led me to say, why don't we start one? The logo is dorky but I thought it was funny to have one for a virtual race. Still a possibility on tshirts but everyone would have to mail me their money. Will see how much the quote is and let everyone know. I hope everyone will consider joining us for 8 on the 8th.
Guess what, I am finally going to try to run today. I'm still coughing some but starting to feel better. It's been a week since I did 5 hill repeats of 60 seconds and really more like 2 weeks since I've done a good run. I hope I can hang with Amy!
Friday, November 9, 2007
Let us know if you are in. We will keep track of everyone who runs and times, and also hope that you will even write race reports. I doubt there will be tshirts unless anyone has a brilliant idea. We might come up with some ideas for prizes. Suggestions welcome.
Hope you can join us!!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Now I have to go sit in business meetings, two days in KC and then two days back here. I'm driving down early to see my sister and do some shopping. I may try to get some short runs in there if I feel a little better. I've got to nip this no running thing in the bud. I am definitely going to do my exercises at a minimum.
I probably won't be blogging much this week. Will check in when I can. Send me your best running vibes. :D