Some things I have experienced:
- thought I was getting sick all day, throat congested, a lot of throat clearing. CRAP.
- Lots o' GI issues the last two days. MAYBE IT IS THE BORSCHT?
- Missed my turn for a store, realized 4 blocks later. OH WELL.
- Got to the store and realized it wasn't the store I meant to go to. DUH!
- Fell off the porch. Yes, I was putting up a cool spider web and spider (similar to this picture but the spider is actually a blow up one powered by a motor.) I stepped back to admire my work and thought I was stepping on the sidewalk but it was the ground. I fell, and somehow landed on hands and knees back on the sidewalk. I have one skinned knee and two very sore palms. I'm pretty sure the palms are not meant to take the brunt of your weight on concrete. OUCH.
I put on the running clothes, including a bright lime green shirt for visibility. P.I.T.A.-girl did really great after a couple initial stops. I was really proud of her. It did occur to me that we might have slightly resembled the grinch and that little doggy as she was hauling my butt up a hill at one point!! It was dark and misting and cool. What a great run with my little companion. She LOVED it. We will definitely do more.
I don't know if I'm ready or not, but it's too late to do anything about it. I'm just going to enjoy this race and see where the training takes me. Tomorrow, PT guy is taping my feet and I'm going to pick up my packet. Almost there now.....