1. Ice in the camelback sounds like someone is right on your tail. I've noticed this before, but it seems LOUDER at night. It sort of sounded like I had my own minion clapping coconuts like King Arthur in Spamalot! :)
2. People are not as friendly at night (shocking in Iowa). Nighttime is when you NEED them to be friendly because you can quickly rule them out as axe murderers or stalkers if they are friendly. Because they aren't very friendly, you think everyone could potentially be an axe murderer or a stalker.
3. Sticking to VERY main streets that are well lit is a good plan. Taking one, "oh this won't be that bad" street will be darker than you imagined and might scare the bejesus out of you.
4. The main street gets darker by the cemetery.
5. The cemetery is a little creepy to run by at night.
6. Even if you turn your head and tell yourself not to look, A) the cemetery is still there; B) the cemetery is still creepy; and C) you will still peak!
7. You don't think that much about your running when you are a little nervous about other things.
8. If you aren't careful, instead of just writing your blog in your head as you run, you could start writing your obituary because you are sure you are going to be attacked by some axe murderer or stalker.
9. I thought all this might make me faster but it didn't.
10. In retrospect, the big ugly spider I found in the laundry basket AFTER the run was way worse than anything actually DURING the run. I HATE SPIDERS!!
11. My mom would shoot me if she ever read this or found out that I ran outside, by myself, after dark.
12. I will definitely do it again!! :D
7 miles with a couple .25 mile walk breaks. Monday and Tuesday off, which means, I need to run today.