Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kicking Off the ONE POUND DECISION

I started blogging when I started running, and I fell in love with both. I was not a good runner, not even an average runner!!  However, life at the back of the pack brought out the best in me!  I'm not terribly used to being so bad at something, but it forced me to develop a persistence and positivity that suited me well.  I even ran through the pain of torn cartilage for several months.  I've had some issues trying to get through the injury, and two surgeries later, I'm still dealing with it.  I'm not running right now, but I decided I can stand to get the attitude back.

I have long been a fan of self-improvement, specifically, health-related behavior change and how to help patients find their motivation.  Just because I teach the stuff, doesn't mean I'm always good at it!  When I was a little more successful with my diet, I had a little trick called the "One Pound Decision."  Any decision could mean the difference of a pound on the scale tomorrow.  I realize this might be a bit of a stretch, but it helped me immensely in the moment. I've decided to reinstate the One Pound Decision through out my life. What could I accomplish if I made these decisions with... my husband, my house, my work, my diet, exercise?  I plan on having fun finding out!

Thanks to everyone who has followed me here and to those who have given me encouragement for the past several years.  I still miss running like crazy and miss the community, comradarie and creativity.  I wish I could say I was healed, but I am not.  I am deciding next steps on possibly a third surgery, but there is no reason I should have things on hold forever.  It may be a bumpy road back, but I'm going to give it a try! 

28 comments:

Wes said...

Yay! Giv'er a go... You never know what might happen :-)

Razz said...

"Just because I teach the stuff, doesn't mean I'm always good at it!"

Story of my life every day. :)

WELCOME BACK!

Scott McMurtrey said...

:)

Ian said...

Welcome back! I'm looking forward to reading your blog.

Unknown said...

Really like the new blog.

Midwest said...

What a cute picture of your family!

Jamie said...

Glad you are back! I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes :)

Andrew is getting fit said...

Great call! I'm looking forward to hearing more. :)

Vava said...

Great to see you are back, and I hope your hip issues get resolved soon. You deserve that! Hang in there!!!

Laura said...

Love this idea! That's a really neat way to look at things.

My Life said...

I am sooooo glad to see you back! And I love the new blog title. My mantra for 2010 has been "One." If I can take the biggest mountains in my life one rock at a time I can climb them! :)

Pat said...

I like the ideal of the 'One Pound Decision'. If there's a club, I'm joining.

Lily on the Road said...

Well, welcome back Missy!

xoxoxxo, and you thought I'd never find you!

Topher said...

Good for you! I love the "one pound decision" idea; it's going to make me think about my choices more carefully. Thanks for inspiring us all...still!

David said...

I'm so glad to see you back in the blogging world! I've missed your posts; somewhere along the way I took you off my Google Reader, but I've added this new site, and I'll get around to updating my Blogroll on my site too.

ws said...

bumpy roads are the most satisfying ones when you reach the end.

go hard or go home.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Looking forward to reading more! :)

SSU said...

Yay!! So glad to see you continue blogging. You've helped to keep me running after I had a collapsed lung, so I hope you can get back into it soon.

Amy said...

Nancy! So good to see you again! And great idea for the focus of the new blog - it really is the little daily decisions that make or break us long term, isn't it? All my best to you!

Val said...

Good for you. Good to see you writing again. :)

Doris said...

Found you!

Now - how do I update my reader.... ;o)

GOOD LUCK WITH THINGS!

...and trust Wes to be #1 on the comments list by the way... some things don't change!

Doris said...

Found you!

Now - how do I update my reader.... ;o)

GOOD LUCK WITH THINGS!

...and trust Wes to be #1 on the comments list by the way... some things don't change!

Lindsay said...

A great post! I sat and went through your past post! You endured a lot, and accomplished a lot too. Happy to see that your continuing with your blog. I love the name :)

Nitmos said...

Keep up the positive attitude. You will prevail!

Art said...

Love it! Gonna use it!

Keep writing!

Brianna said...

Welcome back, lady! :)

Anonymous said...

[color=#6699cc]Nice post! thank you for sharing this information. 1lbdecisions.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#6699cc]bookmarked... Keep up the good site...[/color]

Tina said...

From time to time I am trying different diets. When I start new diet, it is always harder for me to keep the rythm of my trainings. However, I've discovered an effective way to improve my overall well-being and increase energy for more intensive workouts. It's a dietary supplement Multipurpose High-Potency Super Nutritional Complex by Military Grade. It contains a bunch of vitamins and other natural compounds which quickly refill my energy supply. I could never expect such an outstanding result! I am full of energy, even after tough workouts. Moreover, because of more intensive trainings I am losing weight and keeping great shape.